You may have seen my green mason jars on Instagram.
The moment I spotted them I knew they’d be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and because I’d need something “green” to drink to compliment the jars, the Fizzy Lemonade popped into my head.
Add mint and call it a day.
Add handmade bowties to the jars and call it a well planned day!
We’ll now refer to it the St. Patrick’s Day Fizzy Lemonade, okay?
Light. Refreshing. And a non-alcoholic option since our parades start rolling at 10:00am here.
Do you have St. Patrick’s Day parades where you are?
The parades are a big deal here, but coming on the heels of Mardi Gras I think it’s to be expected.
No one can ever say that the state of Louisiana doesn’t like to throw a parade. Or party. Or both.
The St. Patrick’s Day Fizzy Lemonade is easy to whip up.
The mint gives you your green. And the fizz from the seltzer gives you your fun.
St. Patrick's Day Fizzy Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice 5-7 lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves roughly torn
- 16 oz. seltzer water
- Lemon wedges and mint sprigs for garnish
- Make the lemonade simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from the lemons. Depending on size, 5 or 6 lemons but enough for 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Next, "muddle" your mint leaves until they're crushed and fragrant. Add to pitcher.
- In each glass, add about 4 ounces of mint lemonade to 3-4 ounces of seltzer. Add ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge and mint.
In a pickle and need more last minute St. Patrick’s Day inspiration?
From appetizers to side dishes, desserts to dinners there’s enough ideas to go around.
And, if you’re feeling particularly Irish, there’s even a page for that as well.
Don’t want more food ideas, but want a tutorial on how I whipped up those bow ties?
Just comment below and I’ll bring you one!
I’m nice like that.
PS: Milo, my black & tan Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will be sporting one on his collar this weekend.
Have a great St. Patrick’s Day weekend!!