The recipe for my Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies is going to save you every single solitary time you crave fresh out the oven cookies but you 1. don’t want 2 dozen cookies and 2. you don’t have time to wait for homemade dough to chill.
I cannot tell you how many times I make these cookies.
Had a bad day? Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Neighbor moving in next door? Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Husband out of town and you want to sneak cookies and not tell? Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix well. Stir in flour mixture a little at a time, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Dough may be a little crumbly—that’s totally OK. Using a standard scoop or mini scoop, drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, gently flattening tops. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet.
- Tip: Lightly spraying cookie scoop with non-stick cooking spray will keep dough from sticking.
I think it’s safe to say that if you’re in the mood for say 6 cookies only, you’ll find pleasure in having this recipe handy dandy in your kitchen. And hey, I’m not judging if you want to hang it on your fridge and refer to it weekly.
Speaking of judging. The case I’m assigned to for Capital Area CASA (CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate) goes to court tomorrow and I’m pretty sure my child and I are going to need a little something to cheer ourselves up.
So, you guessed it. Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies coming right up!