Ya’ll, when I fall off the weight loss wagon I. Fall. Off. The. Weight. Loss. Wagon.
Oh, who are we kidding I never really hopped on the wagon.
I know there are healthy cookies out there that I could be making instead of these here peanut butter- fluff-chocolate & banana cookies but sometimes your little heart says “I sure would like a double doozie of a peanut butter cookie, and if you could squeeze in some marshmallow fluff and banana, I’ll take that too. What’s that? You have chocolate? Well, throw it on there honey”.
I also had a new cookie decorating pen I wanted to try out (more about that goddess of a tool soon), so it’s not completely my fault.
And if that weren’t enough, the lovely ladies at Imperial Sugar sent me a box full of, you guessed it- SUGAR!
I was tempted. Dare I say put up to it.
Without further excuses, I bring you the Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie also known as……The Devil.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12/ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 bananas
- Beat the peanut butter and butter together until completely incorporated and light, about 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, corn syrup, and vanilla extract and continue to beat. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt- add to the peanut butter mixture, beat about 30 seconds. Chill dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out an even number of cookies with the toast shaped cookie cutter & place on baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until puffed and surface looks slightly cracked. Let cool slightly, then place on a cooling rack to completely cool. Once cool, add the marshmallow cream, bananas, or other filling you might prefer, and add chocolate piping.
Seriously delicious. But a serious splurge in the calorie department. You have been warned.