Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar all for the Maple Pecan Popcorn stand up and holler!
(standing up, hollering as loud as I can)
This Maple Pecan Popcorn is quick, easy, delicious and the PERFECT component to your next tailgate, or homegate, or football watching party. Whatever it is you call gathering around a sporting event, you’re going to want some Maple Pecan Popcorn.
It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet and it’s pretty much a crowd pleaser for anyone and everyone. Everyone, of course, meaning those without nut allergies. The good news for them is you could simply have Maple Popcorn and skip the pecans.
The other thing I love about this popcorn, (as if it’s deliciousness and flexibility weren’t enough) is that it is so darn easy to prepare.
We’re talking pop some popcorn, and stir in some ingredients easy.
- 8 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease a rubber spatula and combine the popcorn with the pecans in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add maple syrup and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a gentle boil and cook without stirring until temperature reaches 290 degrees, about 20 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid scorching.
- Stir in the maple extract and cinnamon, then pour over popcorn- stirring with spatula to help coat. Season with additional salt if desired. Spread on a lined baking sheet, allowing to cool completely before breaking into bite-size pieces. Store in an air tight container.
In less than about 30 minutes, you can have fresh (and pretty much gourmet if you ask me), flavorful popcorn. 110% guaranteed to keep your party poppin’!
Okay, okay……I’ll tone it done with the corniness.
If you’re not a fan of getting popcorn stuck in your teeth while you have guests, be sure to check out my other fan favorites:
Happy football watching, y’all!