Are you feelin’ peachy?
But not in the mood for a peach cobbler?
But not in the mood for a cocktail?
Then a Honey Bourbon Peach Crisp is the way to go!
Super fast. Super easy. Super dee duper delicious.
Truth: I like to eat it for breakfast.
I even tell myself that it’s perfectly acceptable since well, um, it has oatmeal in the crisp.
Duh. Oatmeal is for breakfast.
The Honey Bourbon? And ice cream?
Well, ok, ok maybe I shouldn’t have too much of that in the mornings.
Honey Bourbon Peach Crisp
- 3/4 light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey bourbon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 5-6 medium peaches (halved, pitted and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices)
- For the topping:
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine topping ingredients into a large bowl. Using your fingers, blend the butter pieces into the dry ingredients until large clumps form and the flour and butter are completely incorporated, about 3 minutes. Crumble the clumps into small pieces, set aside.
- For the filling:
- Place the brown sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, vanilla, bourbon and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the peaches and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-by-8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and arrange it in an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved topping evenly over the peaches.
- Bake until the topping is browned and crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes. Place the dish on a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Topped with a mini scoop of ice cream, you need this in your life.
Tired of peaches, yet?
Got one more for you then I’ll leave you alone.