Back for Day Two of The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
I met Toni from Make Bake Celebrate a couple of months ago on my trip to Duncan Hines, so I’m thrilled that
1. she had an elf, and
2. she was willing to share her elf’s talents with us.
Here’s the story of her elf, Sprinkles along with her recipe AND a bonus tutorial so make sure you click through to see more of her elf in action!
Hey guys! I’m super excited to be bringing you all Day 2 of The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas Cookies! Our family first welcomed our elf, Sprinkles, a few years ago and it’s become one of the highlights of the season for us! So when Aimee asked if me and our little elf would like to share a recipe we were excited to get started – after all Sprinkles is her name, she’s a pro in the kitchen! So we tied on her adorable little apron and got to work!
Sprinkles chose to share Iced Sugar Cookies for her “elf pick”, after all Christmas just isn’t Christmas without sugar cookies! The sugar cookie is our all time favorite, then we topped it with some sweet and easy royal icing with a dash of sprinkles. This recipe is to bake and ice approx. 2 dozen “people size” cookies. However, we set a little dough aside for Sprinkles to have a little fun of her own! If your elf would also like to whip up some “elf sized” cookies, stop on by Make Bake Celebrate to see Sprinkle’s full tutorial!
The Elves' 12 Days of Christmas Cookies (Day Two)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Easy Royal Icing
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TBS meringue powder
- 4 TBS warm water + some for thinning
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Step 1: In a separate mixing bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Step 2: In the bowl of a kitchen mixer, beat together unsalted butter and sugar. Once mixed well, add in egg. Mix again, then add in vanilla.
- Step 3: Slowly add in flour mixture about a cup at a time. Mix until dough forms and begins to clump together. If your dough is still crumbly, keep mixing! My dough starts out crumbly and then comes together to form a really nice dough!
- Step 4: Gather up dough and knead it with hands until it’s nice and smooth (if needed). Roll it into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and place in fridge to chill 10-20 minutes.
- Step 5: Preheat oven to 350, line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 6: Roll cookies out, transfer to parchment paper, and bake for 8-12 minutes. (depending on your cookies size) Allow them to completely cool on a cookie rack.
- Step 7: In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk together powdered sugar and meringue powder. Begin by adding in 4 TBS of warm water and slowly mix. Continue adding warm water just a TINY bit at a time till you come to a 15-18 second icing. (draw a line in the icing with a toothpick it should flood back together and the line disappear around 15-18 seconds)
- Step 8: Pour royal icing into icing bottle and pipe on to cookies, add sprinkles while wet.
Thanks for having us Aimee! Sprinkles and I look forward to seeing the rest of the “elves’ picks”!
How fun is Miss Sprinkles? I am pretty darn smitten with her elf sized sugar cookies.
Next up is Two Prince Bakery’s BOY elf.
And in case you missed The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, Day One: