On the Third Day of The Elves’ Christmas Cookies, the elf Buddy brought to me…..
cookies that are both dairy and gluten free!
When both of Dorangela’s boys were diagnosed with having severe food allergies, primarily to gluten and dairy, she set out to craft replacement recipes for all of the foods that they love. She didn’t want them to ever feel deprived because of their allergies. The thought of her oldest son never getting to enjoy another delicious cookie that he loves so much nearly broke her heart. So painstakingly she began playing around with some gluten and dairy free recipes. The first few, she admits… were a disaster! But she persevered and tweaked recipes, and after much taste testing finally got the seal of approval from her two princes. As fate would have it this is also how her company, Two Prince Bakery Theater, was born!
Dorangela shares this gluten and dairy free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe as one of the simplest and tastiest out of all of the recipes she’s made for her boys. She says “These cookies are loved by all, young and old, allergies or not! I hope you and your family will love them as much as we do”.
To help her with her mixing, she enlisted the help of her elf, “Buddy”. Buddy is wearing the original bow tie apron I made last year!
The Elves' 12 Days of Christmas Cookies (Day Three)
- 2 cups of creamy organic peanut butter
- 2 organic large eggs can be substituted with egg replacer to make it vegan
- 1 cup of unbleached organic sugar
- 1 cup of organic brown sugar
- 1 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of gluten free vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cream eggs and sugars on medium speed until creamy
- Add peanut butter one cup at a time and mix on low speed
- Add dairy free mini chocolate chip cookies to batter and fold in until combined
- Using a medium size ice cream scoop, measure out cookie dough leaving a few inches in between each cookie.
- With a fork press down on cookie going each way so you create lines that criss cross the cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees from 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Just joining us for The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas Cookies? Here’s what you’ve missed: