I am super duper excited to have Bree, from Baked Bree along with her elf, John on the blog today for The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas.
I met Bree last year at Mixed- the food blogging conference where I won the cookie contest, but she was a speaker and I was way too shy to say much more than hello to her.
This year however, I plopped down at her lunch table, posed in front of her camera, and chatted her poor head off on the journey back to the airport.
Bless her heart, I’m so grateful she still agreed to share an elf recipe here, because if you know anything about me you know I can chat a girls’ head off!
Here’s what Bree had to say about our elf friend, John:
Our elf joined our family five years ago. His name is John (named after the kid’s grandfather) and he has been around for so long that he feels like a member of the family.
John is a naughty little elf. He likes to cause trouble around our house. He makes a mess, misplaces things, and shows up in the strangest of places. We found him asleep in a shoe the other morning! But to balance out his naughty, he does nice things too. He leaves little treats and notes all over the house. He is a lot of fun to have around and miss him when he goes back to the North Pole.
I made these Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies a few days ago and left them on the counter to cool. These brownies are rich, creamy, and very gooey, I was planning on bringing them to a meeting later in the day. When I came back to them a few hours later, John had returned from this long year away from us and was eating my brownies with a fork bigger than him! Way to make an entrance, John.
The Elves' 12 Days of Christmas Cookies (Day Six)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese layer:
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the butter and cook until melted and shiny. Remove from heat and add cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs. Add flour and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Start on the cream cheese layer. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and flour. Beat in vanilla, heavy cream, and eggs until smooth.
- Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add half of the brownie batter to the pan. Spread evenly. Add half of the cheesecake layer. Spread over the brownie layer. Dollop the remaining batters on top. Swirl the batters together with a knife.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Oh my goodness, y’all these brownies look so fantastic that if I were John I would’ve tried them too!
Big giant thank you to Bree and John for sharing the recipe with us. If you’ve never popped on Bree’s site before you really must.
She’s a professional photographer and her photos will have you swooning. And leave you hungry.
And speaking of hungry, make sure you grab a snack before you catch up on the other elves’ recipes:
Day Two: Sprinkles’ Sugar Cookies
Day Four: Fred’s Chocolate Pecan Lace Cookies
Day Five: Princess E’s Stained Glass Cookies
Tomorrow, the caramel queen is here with her elf! See you then.