When we were in Paris, we had the most delicious waffles with only the waffle, Nutella, and enough whipped cream to sink a ship; I’ve now coined those waffles No Syrup Nutella Waffles or Easy Pecan Waffles with Nutella.
Quick, easy and delicious they are the perfectly sweet reminder of our time in France when it’s not as easy to pop into PAUL on a leisurely weekend morning.
And because I want you to know I’m absolutely telling the truth about the amount of whipped cream, here’s a cellphone photo of my waffle.
Look at all that whipped cream!
Naturally, when I created the waffles at home I didn’t need quite that much whipped topping.
No judgement if you decide you want to recreate exactly like they do in Paris.
You do you, friend.
We’re taking a bit of a conservative approach over here with half the amount of whipped cream and you know what? It’s still sweet enough not to miss the syrup or the extra topping.
I mentioned using my go to Pecan Waffle recipe and while I chose to keep the pecans in my waffles, you can certainly omit the pecans if you have a nut allergy. The waffles in Paris did not have nuts, but you know me, I like my pecans in just about everything.
- For the Whipped Cream:
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Waffles:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6-8 tablespoons, Nutella
- To make the whipped cream:
- In a bowl, whip the cold cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until peaks form. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use. (I go ahead and put it in a piping bag with large nozzle, standing up in a plastic cup).
- To make the waffles:
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add pecans. In separate bowl, beat egg yolks until fluffy; combine with milk and melted butter. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until smooth.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff, and fold into batter. Cook waffles in hot waffle iron. Keep waffles warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- To assemble the waffles:
- Slather each waffle with about 1 tablespoon of the Nutella spread and top with desired amount of whipped cream topping. Serve immediately.
These No Syrup Nutella Waffles or (Pecan Waffles with Nutella and Whipped Cream- whatever you choose to call them) are also perfect for those mornings you want to make a little bit special; birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
And speaking of special occasion waffles, these Chicken & Pecan Waffle Bites and these Hazelnut Fluff Banana Waffles are ready to serve if you find yourself not really a fan of my No Syrup Nutella Waffles. Although….neither of them have syrup either. Clearly, we like waffles without syrup around these parts.