Yesterday (Memorial Day) my husband said “with all the pies you’ve been making, I can’t believe today, of all days, you didn’t make a pie!”
To which I replied, “you need to take a peek into the freezer”.
There, inside the freezer was this Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Pie just waiting to set and be served.
Seriously easy. Seriously dreamy. Seriously warm weather perfection.
It really doesn’t deserve a recipe but for consistency sake I’ll include it with the directions.
The “crust” of your pie is a boxed brownie mix and topped with your favorite ice cream (I used Vanilla Bean). Prior to serving you swirl on a little whipped topping, drizzle on some Magic Shell, sprinkle some sprinkles and top with a cherry.
I used the same springform pans I used for Murphy’s Birthday Cake, so the individual slices were tiny.
And because the pans are 6 inch rounds, I made TWO Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Pies.
Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Pie
- 1 21 ounce package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 gallon ice cream softened
- Whipped cream
- Magic Shell chocolate topping
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your springform pan with cooking spray. I used (2) 6 inch round pans and divided the batter in half. Two pies!
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and pour into pan(s).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until your center is set and a toothpick pulls out nearly clean. Let cool completely.
- Spread softened ice cream over the brownie crust; cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Gently remove the springform pan from the sides of the pie.
- Top with the whipped cream, chocolate, sprinkles and cherries just before serving. Cut into wedge slices to serve.
We had this pie for a weekend BBQ but I could totally see making it for a special birthday and putting a candle where the cherry is.
It’s a birthday pie I wouldn’t mind receiving.
I do think it’s helpful to notate that you don’t want to use a super creamy ice cream. My ice cream (Edy’s) was melting super quick so you want something with a little bit of substance. I can’t wait until my beloved Blue Bell is back on the shelves!
Did you have a great Memorial Day weekend?