You didn’t think I would trick you and not share a dip just because it’s Halloween, right? This Whipped Pumpkin Pie Dip is coming at you just in time for a quick and easy last-minute addition to what you’re serving your ghosts and goblins tonight, but it’s also perfect to have on hand to go along with all the Thanksgiving dessert tables that you’ll soon be preparing for.
It’s practically great anytime during the fall.
Minimal ingredients, uses a mini pumpkin as a serving dish so you’re decorating and serving at the same time, and best of all- it’s delicious!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (puree, not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (see my recipe for homemade)
- 1 mini pumpkin (optional and used for serving)
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and beat well with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a serving dish, or cut off the top of a mini pumpkin and hollow out the inside.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, tightly covered for up to 3 days.
Serve with some gingersnaps, graham crackers, Nilla wafers or, keep things healthy and add some fruit. Dipped apple slices would be fantastic.
I topped with some Southern Candied Pecans but that’s totally optional. I was just looking to break up some of the orange.
Get to dipping, y’all!