This past weekend, the ladies of our church welcomed our new senior pastor’s wife with a fun and festive “Flamingle” party. Flamingos flocked the room and centerpieces with the simple mission of “mingling” and getting to know one another. Mrs. Beverly Hammond made the most delicious Cranberry Limeade Fizzy Punch and it’s only fair that I share it with you guys.
What’s different about this Cranberry Limeade Fizzy Punch is that there isn’t any Sprite or 7-Up involved. I’d had Cranberry Limeade in the past and the fizz came from the carbonated soda. This recipe however, uses sparkling water rather than the Sprite.
I had my reservations that the taste would compare.
It is really, really delicious and incredibly easy to make. And when I say “incredibly” easy, I mean, it’s 3 ingredients dumped into a pitcher, 5 ingredients if you garnish with limes and cranberries. Folks, it doesn’t get any easier than that.
- 1½ cups Cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle of sparkling water
- lime wedges (optional, garnish)
- frozen cranberries (optional, garnish)
- Mix cranberry juice cocktail and limeade concentrate. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Just before serving, stir in sparkling water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lime wedges and cranberries. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
And talk about good. Have I already said that? I think I have.
Maybe I was super thirsty, or perhaps it was just that delicious….but I went back for seconds. When no one was looking, I refilled my punch and grabbed a second cake ball while I was at it.
Shameless, I tell ya.
Do you know how fun this recipe would be for a Flamingo inspired girl’s night? Simply replace the sparkling water with a bottle of Prosecco. Wanna get really fancy? Top that Cranberry Fizz with a dollop of lime sherbert!
I think I just convinced myself to invite over the girls.